Constitution of Urabba Parks/Schedule 2/Clause 10
Succession and presentation matter[edit | edit source]
(1) Succession and presentation matter may fall in any entrenchment.
(2) In subclause (1), succession and presentation matter includes the following:
- (a) the establishment, name and constitution of a place determined by succession of an ordinary member;
- (b) the eligibility of ordinary members to succeed to a place;
- (c) the ranking of classes of ordinary membership to the succession of a place;
- (d) the eligibility of a person to be enrolled by the member succeeding to the place as an individual taken to be the occupant of the place, or otherwise to be acting upon the occupant of the place;
- (e) the circumstances in which a place vested in a share may become vested in another, provided that such place may vest in another share upon a resolution made by the members eligible to succeed to the place, any law or practice to the contrary notwithstanding;
- (f) the requirement to have a place appointed upon presentation of a member holding membership in a particular class;
- (g) the eligibility of members to present to a place;
- (h) the eligibility of a person to be appointed to the place, or otherwise to be acting upon the occupant of the place;
- (i) the circumstances in which a place may become vacant.
Relevant note from the Explanatory Memorandum[edit | edit source]
367. Subclause (1) provides that succession and presentation matter may fall in any entrenchment. Subclause (2) provides that succession and presentation matter includes the establishment, qualification, vacancy and ranking of membership in respect to succession and presentation of persons for appointment. This section is intended to protect the rights of members who hold membership having rights to succeed or present to places.