Constitution of Urabba Parks/Schedule 2/Clause 2
Reading of table of entrenchments[edit | edit source]
(1) Entrenchments shall be positioned:
- (a) firstly by entrenching items before other entrenchments; and
- (b) then by component, with each component being separated by a full stop.
Note: An entrenching item means an entrenchment that does not begin with a number: see subsection 4(1).
(2) For the avoidance of any doubt:
- (a) something in an entrenchment falls under another entrenchment if the entrenchment number begins with the number of the other entrenchment; and
- (b) something falls within an entrenchment if it is included in the item by virtue of an entrenching item.
Relevant note from the Explanatory Memorandum[edit | edit source]
357. Subclause (1) provides that entrenchments are to be positioned (sorted) by items beginning with a letters before items beginning with numbers and then by components, with a full stop separating each component. This method of positioning is not dissimilar to the system used for registration items (see note 51). Subclause (2) provides that an entrenchment falls within another item if it begins with the number of another entrenchment – so this would mean entrenchment 1.1 falls within entrenchment 1. Under items 1 and 2 of subsection 10(3), laws falling within an entrenchment are void to the extent of any inconsistency with laws falling under the entrenchment. So laws falling in entrenchment 1 are void to the extent they are inconsistent with laws falling in entrenchment 1.1.