Constitution of Urabba Parks/Section 12
Register of places[edit | edit source]
(1) The directors or some other person appointed under law shall keep a register for each place that is a registered place or was a registered place (place) that contains:
- (a) the item number of the place;
- (b) the name or description of the place (if any);
- (c) the time of creation or registration of the place;
- (d) any former name of the place whilst the place was a registered place, and the period of which it was used;
- (e) in regard to each occupation or purported occupation of the place whilst the place was a registered place (an occupation):
- (i) the time of commencement of the occupation or registration of commencement;
- (ii) the time of cessation of the occupation or registration of cessation; and
- (iii) the name or identifier of the occupant or purported occupant; and
- (f) any further information required under law.
(2) In the absence of evidence to the contrary, a register kept under subsection (1) is proof of the matters shown in the register under that subsection.
Relevant note from the Explanatory Memorandum[edit | edit source]
88. Subsection (1) provides that a register of places must be kept by the directors or some other person appointed under law, including the item number and name of the place, and details of the creation, former names, and occupation (or purported occupation) of the place. Subsection (2) provides for the evidentiary value of the registers. Having a register of places is essential to Urabba Parks meeting its legal obligations (such as maintaining personnel and member records) and for the preparation of historical records (such as parliamentary handbooks).