Constitution of Urabba Parks/Section 22
Appointment of alternate legislative directors[edit | edit source]
(1) A legislative director (an appointing director) may appoint the holder of a place falling in the director’s parliamentary membership as an alternate director under this subsection, and such an alternate director is an alternate legislative director.
Vacancy of alternate legislative director[edit | edit source]
(2) The place of an alternate legislative director becomes vacant:
- (a) if the appointing director revokes the appointment by notice given to the person who is responsible for receiving such notices, or if no such person is provided – the Manager‑General; or
- (b) if the alternate legislative director ceases to occupy a place within the parliamentary membership.
Relevant note from the Explanatory Memorandum[edit | edit source]
114. Subsection (1) provides that legislative directors may appoint alternate legislative directors upon the holding of a parliamentary membership. An alternate may only be appointed where there is another place holder within a parliamentary membership. Subsection (2) provides that the place of an alternate becomes vacant if removed by the appointing director or if the alternate ceases to hold a place in the parliamentary membership.