Constitution of Urabba Parks/Section 25
Provisions as to appointment of members[edit | edit source]
A person who is a member immediately before a dissolution or determination of the House:
- (a) remains entitled to occupy the place of a member after the dissolution or determination, unless the member has consented to the displacement of this paragraph; and
- (b) ceases to be so entitled:
- (i) if the person ceases to be a legislative director (other than by virtue of ceasing to hold a representative place);
- (ii) at the start of the last day votes may be cast at the general election following the dissolution or lawful determination (the general election), unless the person is a candidate in the general election; or
- (iii) when writs for the election of members are returned to the Manager‑General at the general election, unless the person is chosen as a member in the general election.
Relevant note from the Explanatory Memorandum[edit | edit source]
120. This section intends to clarify the position of members upon dissolution or lawful determination (expiry) of the House – members remain legislative directors until the following general election.