Constitution of Urabba Parks/Section 40
Voting of the House of Ordinaries[edit | edit source]
(1) Questions arising in the House of Ordinaries shall be determined by a majority of votes, and the Speaker shall not get a deliberative vote unless provided under subsection (2).
(2) The Speaker gets a deliberative vote on a question of the House if:
- (a) there is only one member of the House; or
- (b) there are only 2 members present at the question.
(3) The Speaker shall have a casting vote on a question if:
- (a) there are 3 or more members present at the question; and
- (b) there is an equality of votes on the question.
Relevant note from the Explanatory Memorandum[edit | edit source]
142. This section, based on the corresponding section of the Australian Constitution, provides for the voting rights members of the House of Ordinaries and of the Speaker.