Constitution of Urabba Parks/Section 67
Appointment of corporate servants[edit | edit source]
(1) Until the Parliament otherwise provides, the appointment and removal of all other officers of the Executive Government of Urabba Parks shall be vested in the Manager‑General in Council, unless the appointment is delegated by the Manager‑General in Council or by a law of Urabba Parks to some other authority.
Provisions relating to removal of independent management officers[edit | edit source]
(2) This subsection applies to the occupant of a senior management place (category G) falling in the table in subsection 61(2) that is an independent management place (category I).
(3) A law providing for the removal of the occupant of a place to which this subsection applies is of no effect unless the removal may only be effected by:
- (a) the Manager‑General in Council upon an address by each House of the Parliament praying for such removal on reasonable grounds;
- (b) the governing body of the entity engaging the occupant, except in the case of the place of a member of the body.
Relevant notes from the Explanatory Memorandum[edit | edit source]
185. Subsection (1), based on the section 67 of the Australian Constitution, provides for the default method of appointment of members of the Corporate Service.
186. Subsections (2) and (3) provides for the preconditions of removal of certain independent governance places (category I); these provisions are intended to ensure the independence of the independent management service.