Constitution of Urabba Parks/Schedule 2/Clause 8
Campus government matter[edit | edit source]
(1) Campus government matter may fall in entrenchment 6.
(2) In subclause (1), campus government matter includes the following:
- (a) divisions of a municipal district;
- (b) the number of members for the purposes of subparagraph (b)(ii) of entrenchment 6.2;
- (c) an amount for the purposes of paragraph (c) of entrenchment 6.2;
- (d) the majority of members by residence required for approval of any act falling in entrenchment 6 or any entrenchment falling under that entrenchment;
- (e) the number of members of campus government entities elected by the members by residence of the municipal area, whether at large or in wards or other subdivisions thereof;
- (f) the membership of the campus government entity of occupants of places elected, succeeded or presented by members of a class of membership of Urabba Parks granted in the campus government entity or attached to property in the municipal area being allocated or having rights to present to a stakeholder place, and the qualifications for occupants, successors and presenters to those places;
- (g) the creation, variation and abolition of places falling in paragraph (f), including memberships of campus government entities and stakeholder constituencies;
- (h) the requirement for an application (however described) to a non-state jurisdiction or any local government entity for any planning permit to be made or implemented to be approved by a campus government entity or the members of the municipal district where the property subject to such application is located;
- (i) the qualifications of members by residence or any other member to vote in a election for any place in the campus government entity or referendum in respect of a municipal district (including but not limited to referenda held for approval of any act falling in entrenchment 6 or any entrenchment falling under that entrenchment).
Relevant note from the Explanatory Memorandum[edit | edit source]
365. Subclause (1) provides that campus government matter may fall in entrenchment 6. Subclause (2) provides that campus government matter includes the division of the municipal district, the number of members for the purposes of subparagraph (b)(ii) of entrenchment 6.2 (being the minimum number of members a municipal district must have before that entrenchment applies), an amount for the purposes of paragraph (c) of entrenchment 6.2 (being financial measures which can be used to displace the item), the number of members of campus government entities, stakeholder constituencies formed of members of the municipal district (including those holding a class of membership granted by the campus government entity), planning applications, and the majority of members of a municipal district required for the approval of an act falling in or under entrenchment 6. This section is intended to balance the rights of members by residence of campus government entities and the wider electorate by allowing for the protection against forced dissolutions, mergers and alterations of municipal districts subject to standards (such as membership and financial standards) set by laws that are approved by the wider electorate.